Compatibility of Hektor 135mm lens with fujifilm M mount ada

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Compatibility of Hektor 135mm lens with fujifilm M mount ada
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:11 am 

Hi:
I was attracted to La Vida Leica by an article on the Fujifilm X-T1 and their M mount adapter because I own two old Leica Lenses, the Summarit f1.5 50mm and the Hektor 135mm f4.5 , as well as the X-T1. The Fuji compatibility list shows that the Summarit is compatible with the Fuji M mount adapter, but there is no mention of the Hektor. There is little information on the Hektor anywhere. Does anyone know whether or not it would work? By the way, I own a Leica M3, but shoot very little film now. I used to shoot with a Leica IIIf, a wonderful camera.

thesquire

Post subject: Re: Compatibility of Hektor 135mm lens with fujifilm M mount
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey, that's great! The Using M Lenses on Fujifilm X Cameras article definitely made some rounds. Welcome. :)

Without have the lens handy to check, it's hard to say. Though I suspect its longer focal length and slower speed - should allow it to work with the Fuji M Adapter. My Tele-Elmar-M 135mm f/4 works great.

The problem lenses are the ones that are wider and/or faster - as the back end of the lens either sticks out farther or is wider... And this interferes with the electronic contacts in the Fuji adapter.

If you (or someone else) could provide measurements, I could check it for you.

• LitPixel

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:19 pm 

Hi Mr. Double Negative: Thanks for your enthusiastic and helpful response. I think I will enjoy the La Vida site and forum. The Hektor is a heavy and long narrow lens with its own built-in tripod mount. The bayonet mount extends at most 6 to 6.5 mm from the ring (back of the lens) that would contact the adapter ring; and when the focus ring is turned, no part of the lens inner barrels [for want of a better description] extends back so as to interfere with anything either within the adapter or the camera body. I do not yet have the adapter from Fuji, but it is on order.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:34 am 

Glad you enjoyed the photographs, which were the best of the lot. Most of the others had anachronisms, such as German soldiers chatting on iPhones.